Upcoming Events
- 25 January
- Job Advertisement: Auckland's Centre for eResearch are looking for a Software and Systems Developer, to contribute to technical leadership within their eResearch related programmes. Applications close 10 February 2010. More information is available online.
- 10 December
- Announcement: BeSTGRID have deployed AusCERT certificates for its core services, from the newly established Australian Access Federation and AusCERT certificates.
- 19 November
- Announcement: A collaborative vision for HPC and eResearch for New Zealand. BeSTGRID and BlueFern develop a collaborative vision for High Performance Computing and eResearch for New Zealand.
- 9 - 13 November
- eResearch Australasia 2009 - notes from the annual Australasian conference on eResearch, which included a large contingent of New Zealand participations and presentations.
- 20 October
- eResearch@Otago 2009 - presentations now available including several by the BeSTGRID community.
- 21 - 25 September
- EGEE 2009 - notes from the pan European grid computing and eResearch community annual gathering to discuss progress and plan their transition to their new form, the European Grid Initiative (EGI).
- 22 September
- eResearch@Lincoln 2009.
- 14 September
- BeSTGRID Spring Retreat 2009 was held, with 9 participants facilitated in a joint planning session on BeSTGRID's grid middleware.
- 2 August
- KAREN CBF - Transient Radio Events Sensor Network
- The science team of Dr Slava Kitaeff (AUT), Dr Tim Molteno (UO) and Dr Melanie Johnston-Hollitt (VUW) with the technology support team of institutions BeSTGRID (Mr Nick Jones), BlueFern (Mr Peter Helms) and VentureSouthland (Mr Robin McNeil) were successful in obtaining a grant from the 2009 KAREN Capability Fund for a project entitled "Searching for the Unknown: Transient Radio Events Sensor Network".
- 2 July
- BeSTGRID Winter Retreat 2009 was held at Auckland to identify lead user groups driving BeSTGRIDs activities, and to feed into strategy and plan development.
- 25 May
- BeSTGRID member Landcare Research led by Robert Gibb, The University of Auckland, and The University of Canterbury to develop Federated Identity Management resources kit for NZ Research Institutions: Today MoRST awarded the contract to Robert Gibb to develop a Federated Identity and Access Management resources kit along with some initial services for the NZ research sector.
- 12 May
- BeSTGRID member The University of Auckland, led by Matthew Cocker to develop Federated Identity Management Strategy for NZ Research Institutions: Today MoRST awarded the contract to Matthew Cocker to facilitate development of a Federated Identity and Access Management Strategy for the NZ research sector.